The well-prepared traveler packs high-performance clothing, the kind that is comfortable, durable and wrinkle resistant, if not wrinkle free. The last thing we want is to be sitting in our seat squirming in discomfort, whether traveling by train, plane or automobile. Then there is our destination, where a suitcase full of wrinkled clothing will delay our activities while we spend time with an ironing board or ordering laundry services.
Little wonder that even clothiers such as Chico’s, J. Jill and Boston Proper offer lines of travel apparel. It is also little wonder that the website Travel Fashion Girl tackled the subject by publishing 7 Essential Travel Clothing Brands: The Female Globetrotter’s Guide. Here are the brands it lists as its 7 essentials, with a brief bit of commentary offered by the feature’s author:
1) Lucy Clothing (think technical travel clothing that look more feminine than the traditional outdoor travel brands)
2) Ice Breaker (has travel wear for both men and women)
3) Athleta (great style and price points)
4) Anatomie (the company’s travel pants in particular are worth every penny)
5) Toad and Company (functional and comfortable items moderately priced)
6) Nau Clothing (casual basics that packs away very small)
7) Prana Clothing (first introduced as yoga wear, but has since expanded into a line of clothing that’s warable for travelers)
But before you dash away to read those items, we invite you to give us your feedback, whether about travel wear and anything that’s on your mind about travel and lodging. Just click here.