Enjoy some Flights of Fancy without ever leaving the ground
Our guests enjoy the finer things in life. This much we know. The Rose Hotel is designed to accommodate such inclinations.
That is why we have launched our new Flights of Fancy program, which gives you the opportunity to play the role of sommelier for your party. While flights are normally thought of as 3 different varietals, a guest may choose any quantity that suits the occasion from the following collection of fine California wines:
- St. Supery Napa Estates, Sauvignon Blanc, 2012
- Sonoma Cutrer Russian River Chardonnay, 2012
- Martin Ray Core Russian River Pinot Noir 2012
- Alexander Valley Vineyards Merlot, 2012
- Michael David Winery, Lodi, 7 Deadly Zins, Zinfindel, 2011
- St. Supery Napa Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
The wines are served in 375ml bottles, each containing two full glasses. A couple ordering a flight of three varietals, for example, would pay $57, tax included. But they would enjoy far more wine than your typical flight, which give wine fanciers less than half-a-glass per varietal.
We think this new offering will add another dimension to our bar service. The hotel’s regular bar menu will be available as well.
In other hotel news, the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association is bringing its car show — with classic cars for sale — back to the Alameda County Fairgrounds here in Pleasanton, Calif., during the Aug. 22-24 weekend. It’s a time when our hotel hosts many auto aficionados. The Goodguys show features:
- More than 3,500 hot rods, customs, classics, muscle cars and trucks manufactured in 1972 or earlier
- AutoTrader corral with classic cars for sale
- Vendor and manufacturer exhibits
- Live music
There is much more. For event and ticket information, click here.
Whether you’re in the mood for some delicate wines or some roaring automotive metal, we hope to see you this month at The Rose.
Written by Mike Consol